I really want to be a soldier (Tribute to Lieutenant A.C. Oguntoye)



 


“Soldier come, Soldier go, barrack still remains’’ they say. It was never all about what they say, but what you wanted. If it was for the money, or respect you could still be breathing.
I really want to be a soldier, but do I have all it takes? Hmm……. Friends, Strength, endurance, height, courage. Surely, I got all these, but am I ready? Do I still think of how my mother will take my death news? May be I’m still attached to this world or just afraid to die.

If you thought about these, you would probably be a banker or an engineer. The heart of a true soldier is a selfless service and protection of his fatherland from all form of terror, the heart of a true soldier, that’s what you have. You were killed in action, to them you are forever gone, but to us you are alive, only in our hearts. To be a soldier is to be ready for any, whether low or high, today, it must be done ‘cause there is no tomorrow, if I die today, I will die no more.

 Author- Nduka John

 

Comments

  1. Indeed is a pity. May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY LIFE IN COMMAND DAY SECONDARY SCHOOL

OSAMCA03' REUNIOUN!!!