MY LIFE IN COMMAND DAY SECONDARY SCHOOL






The moment I knew that my mum picked that Command form for my common entrance, I was perplexed; I had never had any relationship with a military personnel in my life time for any reason. I could remember my major fear was to be drilled in the school by a soldier; I wished never to be a victim of any soldier till I had completed my stay there. Guess what …..It never happened. On the day of my interview I received a stroke from the then P.A to the Commandant; then Corporal Okeke (my respect and love to you sir); this soldier “no dey send oh, he dey flog both pikin and mama then for the sake of discipline”. It didn’t end there, I was even flogged a week after resumption for not having a white teeth (lol).

I had missed to those days I used to jog all way the from the head bridge to the command gate only to take two strokes of cane from Akeem the gate man and Staff sergeant Ajangbadi for coming late. I miss those days that I recited the anthem of this great citadel, even the days that we were pursued by soldiers for being undisciplined.
Of course, that weak boy that feared the soldiers became their friend, I was drilled and drilled until I became strong and disciplined enough to face the challenges that I see today. That day that the sun stood still, the day the entire class of topaz were given a tip of a bigger iceberg of the drilling the soldiers receive in training; how can I forget that day? The day I carried Dapo on my shoulders and ran to and fro that big assemble ground or parade ground if it is in NMS.
Command made me the die hard and resilient guy I am today, Command changed my mind-set for the military. I hail you Corporal Akiba (Swagger) I love your swag. My soldier ex-commandos Idowu Ayuba, Badoolee sneh Okidoki, and Kanu Calistus, you guys are true infantries! My seat mates Henry Odidika, Michael Igbonekwu, and Abifarin Oluwatosin you guys are the best companions I had! I miss SS3 Topaz! I miss CDSSO 013! I am Nduka John A Proud Ex-commando!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OSAMCA03' REUNIOUN!!!